Fix Camera failed problem in Samsung Galaxy

Many of the Galaxy users face the Camera failed problem.If your camera is not working on Samsung Galaxy and displays the message as “WARNING : CAMERA FAILED” then try the possible solution to fix the camera problem.

samsung-galaxy-i9000_3

Method 1:

Try to reset the device to Factory settings.

Method 2:

Format your Memory card. Note: backup important files.

Method 3:

Update your Samsung Galaxy to new firmware because your old firmware what you have currently on your phone can have bugs.If the update is not available then erase your phone fully and flash the phone.

Method 4:

Disable the Location option in your Samsung Galaxy.

NOTE : Method 4 fixed my camera problem.

Please feel free to share your problems.

Get Free Updates:
Note : You will find a confirmation link in your inbox or junk folder

For Further Reading,
Android

My Profile PhotoAbout the Author

N.S Shyam Raj is the owner of Tntechie where he shares the quality information about blogging,social media,Android and SEO.
Follow Me On Twitter or On Facebook

62 comments:

Michelle . on 13 November 2011 17:20 said... [Reply]

can i get steps to do method four please ?

dion on 6 January 2012 03:06 said... [Reply]

methode 4: Disable the location option....how? I have the same trouble and method 1 until 3 doesn't work FYI I use Galaxy Young. please help.

zAiD~ on 12 January 2012 12:22 said... [Reply]

setting>location and security>my location*disable all (Use wireless, GPS, sensor)
>>i think that's the method 4

aris on 5 March 2012 03:49 said... [Reply]

If you have installed any apps that uses your camera, then better sort them out. This normally happens when an app doesn't handle properly the camera, or never release its use in it after you close that app. In my case, i figured out that the security app I installed in my samsung galaxy w bugs my camera. The security app has a feature which you can remotely take photos on your phone, just using a web browser. I was so glad that it has this feature, not until when I am going to take a photo myself on the phone, it shows the message "Warning: Camera Failed". It resolves by rebooting the phone, but after a while, its back to the error. I searched for some solutions in the web, and finally read about a post telling the users that a certain photo capture app is the culprit for that error message. It just gave me the idea that I should sort out those apps that uses my phone's camera. And there it is... I figured out that one of my apps installed that uses the camera is causing the error. The irony is, it is a security-featured app. It's a popular free feature-packed app in the market that showcase abilities on tracking your lost android phone. In fairness, it really do what it has advertised, but it's still buggy, and it includes it's handling of camera. Anyway, I hope I was able to help you and gave you an idea on how to solve the Camera Failed problem.

Dhias (The Ace) on 5 March 2012 19:42 said... [Reply]

@aris, im using samsung Galaxy Wonder too.. and facing the same problem, what kind of security apps bugging the camera that you have mentioned above ?

usualy the camera return to normal state when i rebooted my phone..
but keep failing if i didn't use it for some times.. (several hour) or several ten minutes minimal..

thanks for the info
Dhias

aris on 6 March 2012 04:28 said... [Reply]

@Dhias (The Ace)

The app I am referring to was the Android Lost app. the one with logo of a crying android robot.

Jehoshua on 27 March 2012 20:33 said... [Reply]

How can you determine which app is taking control of the camera and not release it or not properly closed?

I'm using wonder and having the same problem as aris but I used NQ mobile security

Rob Geertsen on 28 March 2012 15:55 said... [Reply]

Camera failed handlemessage(-1)
It's about the micro SD not being properly in place, I reset to factory settings, then I got the right message, that I don't have a card inserted properly. Pushed it deeper, worked, derped.
Using a samsung Gio gt-s5660

ren-ren on 1 April 2012 03:52 said... [Reply]

guys im using galaxy w, and i disable the location option. i had no other third party camera app installed but i had Viber, and Line which you cab use the camera directly from the app for send pictures message. i went to authorize service center of samsung and they said maybe the problem is on memory card which i dont get the relevance because i still have plenty of of space available from my sd card. any ideas for direct solution for the problem? thanks

Rabin's blog on 1 April 2012 07:44 said... [Reply]

guys i have this problem with my galaxy sII and i really do not know what to do ..

Can someone guide me ?

Dene74 on 9 April 2012 02:42 said... [Reply]

none of these methods worked for me.. thanks for posting a useless solution to a very troubling problem.. i reset my phone and spent ages trying to get everything the way it was using kies etc.. if you do not actually know a solution don't post it like an expert

Dene74 on 14 April 2012 17:30 said... [Reply]

I found out what my issue was and fixed.. I think the lesson here is that multiple things cause this issue. Mine was simply an error in updating of flash, i re-did the update, after resetting my phone and all was fixed

Geoff on 16 April 2012 17:11 said... [Reply]

for me it was removal of ScreenCaptureService.apk from /system/app

priscilla on 14 May 2012 15:09 said... [Reply]

o meu sansung galax ace nao tira foto de geito nenhum , ja fiz o que mandaram jz desliguei retirei o cartao e etc... esse metodo nao resolvel e agora alguem pode me ajudar de um outro geito?

xknote on 19 May 2012 15:58 said... [Reply]

I can't get the settings to adjust in the camera on my Samsung galaxy note. The menu drops down ok with all the settings buttons and the buttons do react to touch but don't actually do anything. Can anyone help?

xknote on 19 May 2012 15:59 said... [Reply]

xknote on 19 May 2012 16:00 said... [Reply]

xknote on 19 May 2012 16:00 said... [Reply]

xknote on 19 May 2012 16:15 said... [Reply]

Further to above - for no apparent reason the problem has got worse - now the buttons don't respond at all not even to touch.

xknote on 19 May 2012 16:15 said... [Reply]

xknote on 19 May 2012 16:15 said... [Reply]

Unknown on 10 June 2012 09:37 said... [Reply]

I FACE THE SAME PRONLEM OF CAMERA FAILED. I'VE TRIED ALL OF THE SOLUTION ABOVE , NOTHINGS WORKS

Unknown on 10 June 2012 09:38 said... [Reply]

cami2k on 18 June 2012 11:43 said... [Reply]

thanks, solution #4 Work for me to

Raj on 5 July 2012 23:41 said... [Reply]

Just try to switch off the phone - Remove the battery and try to switch it on again. My cam is working again hope your also..

MoHaMmEd on 12 July 2012 14:31 said... [Reply]

the solution which worked for me, removing the SD card, then insert it again also doing the same with the battery, then turn it on ...
It worked

tajuddin ansari on 20 July 2012 17:00 said... [Reply]

all above rubbish it never worked.iam using galaxy w since 7months everything tried nothing makes my camera working.ithink samsung guys are sleeping.........

Masykur on 22 July 2012 08:34 said... [Reply]

@tajuddin ansari
1) update your phone software:
setting » about phone » software update
2) install the updates right away after download completed
3) your phone will reboot
===
*you need a Samsung acc. to update, sign up if don't have
*important: plug your charger while rebooting, it takes time a bit
*I'm not 'Samsung Guy' btw, had the same problem since yesterday, found this page an hour ago, tried method no.3, it works and my SG Wonder's camera back to normal.. hope the same for yours :)

Tiffany Delk on 26 July 2012 05:22 said... [Reply]

I took my battery out, blew on it a little, then put it back in and my camera worked fine.

tajuddin ansari on 28 July 2012 13:18 said... [Reply]

masykur .when i click software update its says theres no update.so how can i do it.can u xplain it again or clearly.iam just waiting for ur reply.thanks

Pol Santo on 6 August 2012 03:13 said... [Reply]

Is there any second option after resetting factory mode coz i reseted it bt problem is still there... Can i do it myself whitout spending a penny to hardware or software guys

Pol Santo on 6 August 2012 03:13 said... [Reply]

Pol Santo on 6 August 2012 03:13 said... [Reply]

selvin turcios on 23 August 2012 16:48 said... [Reply]

I had a camera warning today "Camera Failed" in my Samsung Galaxy note. what i did was to turn off GPS, shut down the phone, wait around 10 second and then, turn it back on.. it worked for me....

kier sambilay on 10 September 2012 20:15 said... [Reply]

hi, my galaxy gio is having a bug. whenever i turned my camera, it suddenly shutting down but restart then., how can i fix this problem. thanks!

kier sambilay on 10 September 2012 20:16 said... [Reply]

Saqi1989 on 22 September 2012 07:26 said... [Reply]

I have downloaded some stupid media player from Samsung app and some also other applications since then my phone showing this error. My camera starts working after i uninstalled all the downloaded apps n restarted my phone....

Unknown on 12 October 2012 07:37 said... [Reply]

I got a note 10.1 a few days ago. Camera worked fine last night but not now. Nothing downloaded in the interim. I have tried restoring to factory settings which have deleted all my downloaded apps. Still frustrating "warning Camera failed" message. Not very helpful and not very impressed. Anything suggest trying anything else apart from all the above?

Lamoone Vista on 16 October 2012 00:07 said... [Reply]

Disable the Location option in your Samsung Galaxy. NOTE : Method 4 fixed my camera problem. thank :)

Sarah Lovell on 28 October 2012 11:14 said... [Reply]

Really? I was about to restrore my settings too. Thanks for saving my time and my important applications and data.... But what to do with this camera failed problem???

Bird on 2 November 2012 18:05 said... [Reply]

Restarted my phone. Didn't work.
Shut it down, removed battery. Works.

Anne on 27 November 2012 13:48 said... [Reply]

i took my SD card out, put it back in, took the battery out, waited 30 sec or so and put the battery back in. Camera started working after i reset my phone! SO HAPPY!!!!

Mike Wells on 11 December 2012 16:19 said... [Reply]

Not sure what app caused my problem. Guessing it was Cerberus. Awesome app by the way! I rebooted my Note 2 and camera came back, go figure!

Thomas Zehetbauer on 20 December 2012 05:14 said... [Reply]

Seems my camera problems were caused by screen capture software, fixed by a simple reboot (press power button und turn off).

Raul Roquez on 5 February 2013 03:01 said... [Reply]

My camera issues on Galaxy S2 was the flashlight app (Flashlight HD). I removed it and installed another flashlight app (Flashlight LED HD) which caused the same damn issue. After removing the apps the camera works flawlessly.

Yujiro Lasam on 15 February 2013 08:21 said... [Reply]

Hi, my samsung galaxy note 2 I think it's broken when I turn on the camera it has a green line and it bugs me can you help me to fix it :(

Yujiro Lasam on 15 February 2013 08:24 said... [Reply]

Graham on 21 February 2013 10:25 said... [Reply]

I just did a battery pull, and it started working just fine.

Dan Macawili on 22 February 2013 06:17 said... [Reply]

I did all the steps but still my cam doesn't work

ItEngr on 15 March 2013 00:10 said... [Reply]

how about my samsung galaxy camera. I tried to reboot, set to factory setting, but no luck. Is it hardware problem?

bassboatsparkle on 12 April 2013 20:16 said... [Reply]

Tap apps> settings> application manager>swipe right to "running" apps> locate "camera" app & tap it>tap clear data & clear cache (if possible)> test work.

Side note: if you don't find the app in "running" apps you can continue to swipe right to "all" apps and follow the steps from there.

Al3x on 16 April 2013 00:00 said... [Reply]

@Dene74 Your solution wasn't fix my problem. Thanks for posting a useless solution to a very troubling problem. If you do not actually know a solution don't post it anywhere.

Amy uppinghouse on 14 May 2013 10:15 said... [Reply]

This problem happens for multiple of reasons. So for some people these methods do work. Quit being rude. Your out here looking for other people to fix your problem and get smart when it doesnt work for you. Maybe you can fix your attitude while you fix your phone.

Hnin Inzali on 2 June 2013 23:44 said... [Reply]

me either, i clicked the software update bottom but .it said no update available & how should i do ?? plz tell me :'(

Hnin Inzali on 2 June 2013 23:47 said... [Reply]

i clicked software update! but it said no update available ..how should i do for camera failed ? and i juz did clear data in camera but it doesn't work till now! plz tell me

Hnin Inzali on 2 June 2013 23:48 said... [Reply]

Caves Edinburgh on 6 June 2013 15:40 said... [Reply]

My camera app fails 99% of the time on my galaxy s4 i9500

xX-Tom-Xx on 4 July 2013 06:37 said... [Reply]

I got this message and as soon as I got it, i turned my phone off, then on again. (Because that's how problem solving works) But in this case it didn't. I left it, then the next day I turned it off again, but this time I disconnected the battery and waited longer, five-ten minutes. Put the battery in and then turned it back on. Now my camera works.

francis jan layague on 5 October 2013 00:59 said... [Reply]

How can i fix my camera phone samsung galaxy note, when i try to open it this mssgs will affair ""SECURITY POLICY RESTRICTS USE OF CAMERA"" plz help me to fix this..

Taher Giyori on 10 November 2013 10:04 said... [Reply]